1. To finally do something, to end in a specific state or situation.
We will probably wind up going shopping tomorrow.
2. To end something, to finish something, to settle something.
It was time to wind up our project and go home.
3. To tighten the spring of a machine or clock to make it work.
Every night before he goes to bed my grandfather winds up his alarm clock.
4. (somewhere) To finally be somewhere.
I will probably wind up at my friend’s house this evening.
5. (with) To finally get or have something.
Last week, I wound up with a bad cold.